If you are new to my blog WELCOME and thank you for joining. Hope you will find some moments of peace of mind here with me. That’s my goal. If you are not new here you already know that usually we have three Knitting and crochet weeklies. These meetings take place on Monday morning, Tuesday morning and a Tuesday Knit night #knitnite. So I thought to go through the days and share some knitting and crochet projects that visited my studio table in the past week.
- The cutest knitted creatures from the Knitted Animal Friends which is a beautiful book by Louise Crowther.
- Next to the sleeping mouse on the top left picture you can see the Strips and Colours blanket folded under the Kiss blanket.
- Jelly rolls socks knitted two at a time.
- Lina is by My favorite things – knitwear. No buttons yet.
- The dreams of trees by Sylvia McFadden
- Eventide by Inyoung Kim(Mielaworkshop)
- Stay Soft Shawl by Veera Välimäki knitted with the lovely rustic Woolly Mammoth wool.
Tuesday was more of a crochet kind of morning.
- Starfish squares are being joined into a blanket.
- Flower squares on the making that will soon turn into yet another Love Garden blanket.
- Smitten square
- Four seasons chevron blanket is waiting to be framed. We have planed two Single crochet rounds for the framing.
- Lots of Granny Kit cotton balls on the table
- Love Garden squares – a pure joy in the making.
On Tuesday we also had a crochet animal department.
- Chunky Benji on the making.
- A Cardigan for Chunky Benji is done!!
- Angie Bunny will soon be able to crochet because she is going to have hands, almost there.
Out knit nights are always so soooo funny. I don’t know, it might be the hour? Or maybe it’s an ‘end of day brain’ situation? If you happen to be around you will probably hear loud laughing voices filling the air. Yes it’s a true joy. Although every week I ask them gently if they would be so kind and agree to meet every other week instead of every week, since I’m exhausted, they always answer NO!!!
Here are some Knitting and crochet moments from this week’s knitnite.
- Chunky Benji will soon get a nose on.
- A Cockatoo Gala visited us, but she mainly ripped out.
- Jelly rolls socks – I resist to stop getting over excited from wooly stitches like these.
Knitnite sweater department
- Nuuk sweater by Jonna Hietala, because we have to get prepared for next winter.
- Another tiny sweater from the Knitted Animal Friends book.
- Sigal is trying on my “still un buttoned” Cardigan no 7 because they can’t stand it’s beauty! I hope she will soon cast on her own #7 cardi.
So as you can see we had a lovely week. Now try to imagine me running around the table with all these projects and the how to questions. Am I totally exhausted after teaching three weeklies in a row? Absolutely. Do I have second thoughts of should I cut one and do something else for my little crochetobjet knitting little biz. Hell yes! But at this point I’m still teaching my super lovely, funny, awesome students. After all, I love teaching and love my girls. I just need a little bit more time (for pattern writing for example?) But who doesn’t need some extra time in his life??? Let me know if you have some to send me. Hope you enjoyed these Knitting and crochet moments from the past week. Hope it brought a little bit of peace of mind your way. xxMo